The Arava Institute for Environmental Studies has been nominated for the Billion Acts Hero Award in the category Best University Act. One Billion Acts of Peace is a United Nations supported initiative lead by 13 Nobel Peace Prize winners, including the Dalai Lama, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Shirin Ebadi, with the goal of creating one billion acts of peace worldwide by 2019. The team at Billion Acts has chosen our work from millions of Acts that were logged worldwide.
The Billion Acts Hero Awards recognize exceptional projects and initiatives for peace. Ten semifinalists were chosen by the jury based on the reach and impact of each project, and five winners are then determined through public online voting. These five initiatives will be honored at the Hero Awards ceremony in Monte Carlo in June 2016, receiving a Hero Award from a Nobel Peace Laureate.
Please give the Arava Institute your vote for the Billion Acts Hero Award, and consider sharing this request with others. Voting is now open and will continue through Thursday, May 12th, 2016. You can cast your vote once per day from now until voting closes!
How do I vote?
- Go to www.billionacts.org
- Click on “Sign Up” in the upper right hand corner.
- Go to your email inbox to verify your account. Click on the link provided.
- Go to www.billionacts.org, scroll down and click under “Voting for the Hero Awards is happening now!”
- Scroll down to the section labelled “Best University Act” and select “Arava Institute”.
Congratulations! You’ve voted! Now tell your friends.