Planning for the 2016 Israel Ride is well underway. Almost 200 have signed up to attend the 13th year and the 16th ride. Only a few spots left! Register at: www.israelride.org.
This year, we plan to visit the following locations to learn about Israel and the environment, including:
- Emek HaEla, where David slew Goliath
- Makhtesh Ramon, an erosion crater that is a geological wonder
- Neot Smadar, an all-organic kibbutz in the South of Israel
- Timna, an ancient desert site with the world’s oldest copper mines
- Lectures throughout the ride on water usage, energy, land usage and forestation
In addition to the wonders seen on the Ride itself, we offer a number of add-on tours available before and after the ride:
- Life on an Invisible Border – Discover the beauty and complexity of life on the border of East and West Jerusalem, guided by Eliezer Ya’ari and Dr. Tareq Abu-Hamed
- JNF Carmel Trip – Explore the Carmel mountains as part of a Jewish National Fund trip to northern Israel
- Day of Learning at Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies – Jewish text study, engaging discussions, and of course, food. Participants have the opportunity to attend Pardes classes, taught in English, focus on Israel and environmental and leadership issues
- Tours of Petra and Wadi Rum in Jordon
For more information and to register, visit www.israelride.org. We hope to see you in Israel this November!