Current Openings at the Arava Institute
The Arava Institute for Environmental Studies welcomes applicants looking to join us in fostering life-changing people-to-people connections and transboundary research in the Middle East and the world.
Current Openings at Friends of the Arava Institute
University Relations Manager
Application Deadline: 5/23/2018
Desired start date: 6/1/2018
The University Relations Manager’s primary responsibility is to implement an ongoing national outreach strategy designed to maintain a critical mass of student and intern applicants to the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies from the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
The University Relations Manager will maintain effective relationships with key colleges, universities, and organizational partners. S/he will also design and execute strategies for engaging new colleges, universities, and organizational partners through the implementation of a comprehensive recruitment plan. S/he will promote the Arava Institute to relevant deans, study abroad advisors and directors, faculty, students, campus groups, and other interested individuals through campus visits, study abroad fairs, conference attendance, and other events.
Reports to: Executive Director, Friends of the Arava Institute
This is an exempt position requiring evening and weekend commitments during the academic semester. Travel is required and is estimated at 30%, including one international trip to the Arava Institute per year (plus additional trips to Israel as deemed necessary by the FAI Executive Director or his/her delegate).
- Implement the strategic and tactical plans to recruit participants for the Arava Institute’s academic and internship programs.
- Represent the Arava Institute on college campuses throughout North America, including by attending study abroad fairs and conducting campus visits throughout the academic year.
- Promote the Arava Institute at national and regional professional association meetings and conferences.
- Track and analyze study abroad enrollment, policies, trends, and contacts at assigned institutions and within the field of study abroad.
Public Events and Trip Coordination
- Coordinate The Dialogue Project, a biannual speaking tour of Middle Eastern Arava Institute alumni on campuses and in communities around North America. Liaise with staff on non-student focused events and manage the speaking tour calendar.
- Speak publicly on behalf of the Arava Institute at events arranged by staff and organizational partners.
- As opportunities arise, arrange for Arava Institute faculty, alumni, or other representatives to speak in university communities.
- Arrange travel, accommodations, meals, and other trip logistics for speakers.
Email Marketing, Communications, & Social Media
- In coordination with the staff of the Arava Institute, manage the development of recruitment materials, publications and other collateral for US academic audiences.
- Plan and implement an electronic marketing program, including newsletters, webinars, and advertisements. Manage flow of and follow up on information and responses to electronic outreach campaigns.
- Maintain the sections of the website related to North American student recruitment.
- Collaborate with staff on the implementation of the Arava Institute’s social media strategy.
- Develop effective campus presentations to promote the Arava Institute to students, faculty, staff and additional organizations.
Program Administration: Reporting, Financial, & Other
- Document all recruitment contacts and outreach activities; regularly produce comprehensive metric-driven reports.
- Assist leadership with processing academic tuition payments and tracking incoming student and intern status.
- Provide financial tracking and reporting of expenses incurred for events and travel.
Applicants should have at least one year of professional work experience.
Applicants should have at least one year of professional work experience. Must be a citizen of the United States or hold a valid green card.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED