Current Openings at the Arava Institute
The Arava Institute for Environmental Studies welcomes applicants looking to join us in fostering life-changing people-to-people connections and transboundary research in the Middle East and the world.
Current Openings at Friends of the Arava Institute
Marketing and Media Relations Fellow
The Friends of the Arava Institute is currently seeking a part-time fall 2017 Marketing and Media Relations Fellow to work out of our new offices at 1320 Centre Street in Newton Center, Massachusetts from September 2017 to December 2017.
Reporting to the University Relations Manager, the Marketing and Media Relations Fellow is responsible for supporting a public awareness plan that will increase visibility of the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies throughout North America, including on college campuses, in local communities, and online.
The Marketing and Media Relations Fellow will gain marketable skills and professional experience in public relations, social media, and the nonprofit field while deepening his/her knowledge of strategic communication practices.
This is a paid internship at a rate of $11/hr. Interns are asked to work 15-25 hours per week during normal business hours. Exact work hours are flexible pending your course schedule.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Media Relations Fellow” in the subject line.
- Support communications and marketing initiatives as related to student recruitment and development.
- Lead development and implementation of online marketing content for platforms including Google AdWords, Facebook, Instagram, event website, university career portals, and study abroad websites.
- Pitch local media outlets on upcoming campus and community events
- Complete research projects as necessary to support student recruitment and development efforts.
- Develop compelling content for online and email driven campaigns, newsletters, and audience specific updates.
- Write and edit key communications collateral, including reports, brochures, press releases, and content for the Arava Institute website.
- Current undergraduate, graduate student, or recent graduate.
- Ability to work ~20 hours per week for the duration of the fall 2017 semester (September 1, 2017 – December 15, 2017).
- Commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with issues affecting Israel, Palestine, and the greater Middle East.
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to effectively use WordPress, MailChimp, and InDesign, in addition to online marketing and social media tools.