WELCOME TO the North American Alumni Recruitment Network!
Hello, North American Arava alumni! Did you know you can have a significant impact on how many North American students apply to study at the Arava Institute each semester? It’s true: as an Arava alum, you understand and embody the ethos that Nature Knows No Borders. By joining the Alumni Recruitment Network and sharing your stories, whether in person or through social media, you can bring the Arava Institute to life for dozens of young people.
With your help, we can increase our North American student numbers significantly, and accept more Middle Eastern students as a result. Join the Alumni Recruitment Network and help us continue our mission of working across borders to build a more peaceful and sustainable world.
- Please use the resources below to assist your outreach.
- Remember to copy or blind copy Sarah on your emails, so she can keep track of the Recruitment Network’s progress.
- Please refer interested students to Sarah so she can follow up.
- Let Sarah know if the students you encouraged submitted an application!
Outreach Email Templates
Are you still in touch with some of your former professors? If so, send them an email letting them know about the impact the Arava Institute had on you, and ask them to spread the word to their current students. Even if you’re no longer in touch with professors at your alma matter don’t underestimate the effect that an email from you can have! If you need help locating the right contacts let Sarah know.
Please remember to copy Sarah on these emails.
Please also send an email out to your personal networks inviting them to spread the word about the Arava Institute. Please remember to copy Sarah on these emails.
Phone Script Template
A personal phone call is a great way to communicate the importance of the Arava Institute to your former professors. Even if you’re no longer in touch with professors at your alma matter don’t underestimate the effect that a phone call from you can have! If you need help locating the right contacts let Sarah know.
After your phone call, please send your contact a follow-up email and copy Sarah.
Social Media Templates
One of the easiest ways to spread the word about the Arava Institute is through social media. First, share one of the posts of tweets from our Arava Facebook page and Twitter page. Then, add your own message announcing that the Arava Institute is currently accepting applications. Seeking inspiration? Use the social media templates below.
Give a Presentation!
Giving a presentation about the Arava Institute is one of the best ways to reach prospective students and interns. Please let Sarah know if you would like to give a presentation at your alma mater or a local university.
- Use this Arava Institute Powerpoint Presentation to give a thorough overview of the Arava Institute.
- Use this Arava Institute Presentation Guide to give structure to your talk.
- Review the Arava Institute FAQs to be prepared for common questions from students.
- It’s important to collect contact information from students who attend your presentations so Sarah can follow up with them. Please pass around this Student Recruitment sign-in sheet whenever you give a presentation. Scan it and email it to Sarah afterwards.
- Ask Sarah to mail you Arava Institute brochures to hand out. You can also print out copies of the Arava Institute Digital Brochure.
Arava Institute Brochure
Send this Arava Institute digital brochure to any of your contacts who want to learn more. You can also print this out, double sided, to use as a supplement when you give a presentation.