Billing & Payment
Unless you are receiving a full scholarship, your program invoice will be sent to you by the Admissions Coordinator with further instructions on payment.
While you are on the Arava Institute program, you will be fully provided with room and board on Kibbutz Ketura. However, a $120.00 or 450 NIS security deposit is required of all students. This deposit needs to be paid at orientation during your first week at the Arava Institute.
Please bring a check for $120.00 Or 450NIS payable to The Arava Institute with you.
If you don’t have a personal checking account you can bring cash. The check will be held as security (it won’t be cashed) and will be returned to you provided that the required conditions are met.
The security deposit will be returned to you at the end of semester provided that the following conditions are met:
- Your room and apartment are left in good condition and there is no damage
- You are not responsible for damage to AIES property and equipment
- All your check out obligations are fulfilled as required
- All your debts to AIES are paid in full
- All borrowed library books and kibbutz property are returned in good condition
- There must be no smoking in your room